Trans Tasman Agreement Psychology

The full duration of the supervised practice in accordance with your approved New Zealand and Australia plan recognizes the registration of psychologists under the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement (TTMR). For moving countries, local registration is still required, but this is usually a straight process obtained by providing proof of registration in the other country. Psychologists who use our services will have their qualifications checked to register (i.e. the license). Information is then provided to determine the application date and requirements. Assistance is provided through the application process. The visa application procedure and the board registration procedure are separate and the success of one does not automatically guarantee success in the other. For this reason, we recommend that you apply or do not implement a practice before your registration authorization is evaluated and confirmed. Please note that AHPRA and the Board of Directors cannot help you find a job or influence the results of the job. Applicants for registration under the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition must also ensure that they are familiar with registration standards, code of ethics, board guidelines and guidelines. In New Zealand, the title of psychologist is protected by law and the profession is regulated in accordance with the Health Professionals Insurance Act 2003 (HPCA).

To practice as a psychologist, the law requires both registration and an annual certificate of practice. Use a relevant form to send a plan for your supervised practice time to the commission for approval Getting advice that you have some time of supervised practice and national psychological examination to work as a psychologist in Australia, you must apply for and registered to the Australian Psychological Board (council). Applicants must pay a tax abroad and a registration fee. All council fees are published according to the pricing plan. Complete the APOS-76 application form and provide all necessary documents for AHPRA. You may also need to apply for a visa issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Guards. We cannot advise you on visa requirement issues – please visit the Australian Home Office website for more information. Psychologists with an up-to-date registration and certificate of practice allowing them to practice as a psychologist in New Zealand can register as psychologists in Australia under the Commonwealth Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997. The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is the organization that completes the first assessment of qualifications abroad.

Their evaluation includes two areas: immigration requirements and the registration of the Council of Psychologists. Applicants with New Zealand qualifications and/or practical experience who are not currently allowed to practice in New Zealand may not register under Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition, must meet the requirements for other foreign applicants.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.